Hey you, your head is not too big (or small) to look cute in a newsboy hat, for real. Learn about how to wear a newsboy hat…and still look cute! From bun wearing to braids and everything in between, the Newsboy Hat is a complimentary addition to your fall wardrobe every day of the week!
When it comes to how to wearing a hat for fall let’s start with the right type of hat. I LOVE the newsboy hat for fall! If you’re in the market for a cute pick me up accessory, find a newsboy hat that is:
- a perfect fit (not too tight or loose)
- comfortable with a bit of stretch
- holds shape
- reversible for multiple looks
how to wear a newsboy hat
I have long(ish) hair and although I’m partial to braids with this hat I tend to wear my newsboy hat many different ways. Continue on and I’ll show you all the ways that are cute and comfortable!
Suns Out Buns Out
A sophisticated look all day long. Pulling your locks into a backside bun keeps the wingers at bay and looks like you spent hours on your look, nope! Throw on some dangly earrings and you’re ready to rock!
Go Fancy Free
Wearing your hair down with a newsboy hat is fun and gives off fun and fancy free sorta vibe. Heck, if you’re having the “good” hair day – embrace it!
- A little background on the The Baker Boy Hat (shown above in the red hat). It has a nice, oversized brim and accommodates the grumpiest of moods and also compliments your smile underneath!
- Also, both the Sister Newsboy Hat and Baker Boy Hat allows for versatility and function with them being reversible! You have the choice of wearing your cute hat on either side. From soft 14 wale corduroy on one side flanked with a double brush flannel on the reverse – it surely gets better with age. I should note the deep top of both the hats allows for room up top for head breathing and to not have your hair flatten so much when wearing.
Let’s move on.
Hold Up, What about Short Hair?
Glad you asked! I didn’t forget about you lovely ladies! I know how you snappy ladies like to show some beautiful bangs out front. Slide the hat back a bit and flip your brim and let your silver locks shine….I’m working on getting my mom to be photographed for this bit – stay tuned!
The Coupon Clipper (above)
Another way in considering how to wear a newsboy hat is throwing your hair back into a clip. It’s a quick and pretty go-to look with the Sister Newsboy Hat.
The Ol’ Side Eye (above)
Let’s not forget about the 1980’s side ponytail! If you’re like me and still want the hair outta the face yet still have lots of hair showing?…this look is for you. It gives uber fun vibes and still is functional!
Finally, My Personal Fav
The braids. While I really stink at braiding my hair it’s a timeless look no matter your age, really. So, if you got the locks than you’ll rocks socks with the Sister Newsboy Hat.
CHECK THIS OUT!
NEW COLORS JUST ADDED TO THE WEBSITE! FOR THOSE THAT LOVE TO PICK OUT A COLOR OF YOUR HAT THIS IS FOR YOU – SO.MANY.AWESOME.COLORS!
How to Wear a Newsboy Hat
How will you wear your Newsboy Hat? Braids? With short hair? Down? Bun? Pigtail? Get creative! Anyway you wear you’ll rock the look!
Thanks for hanging out! If you have any questions about the Newsboy Hats for Fall contact me and I’ll help you out!
Are you more of a Winter Fleece Hat gal this time of year? Check out my blog on fleece hats:
Fleece Earflap Winter Hat
Hi there! I’m Shelly. I’m a passionate standing sewist committed to helping you become the hat person you want to be. Handmade by me from creation to styling. Your look is already awesome, express it creatively with a handmade hat by Bound to be Creative. Learn more…
With love and smiles…