Finding a connection with a hat that speaks to you takes time and an open mind and quite frankly a wee bit of confidence. Connecting with your hat is not only an expression of your style but it encourages confidence.
Easing into hat wearing takes some time. I get it, hat wearing isn’t for everyone. You grab a hat off the rack, gaze in the mirror, your face wrinkles up and you twist and turn and off the hat goes. You’ve now decided at that point “you’re not a hat person”.
I’ve sold my hats at a lot of craft shows the last 10 years. During those years I’ve observed women of all ages trying on hats. Trust me, I’m not a creepy creeper watching you – just encouraging you with the soul purpose of connecting you with your personal style!
Here are a couple things to keep in mind when searching for a your hat:
- is your hat flattering to your face (read more about face shape HERE)
- does it fit you well
- will it compliment most of your wardrobe
- how will you be wearing the hat
- where will you wear your hat
Connecting with Your Hat
Connecting with your hat – what does that even mean?
Well, ponder this….
- do you experience an extra spring in your step when you wear your handmade hat?
- your outfit is finally pulled together on a day when you HAVE to go out?
- a smile on your face emerges when you put your hat on, giving a mini boost?
- does it disguise your $#!T% mood when you have to go to the market?
Yep, making that connection with your handmade hat not only eases the dread of what to wear with an outfit but it’s your personal experience of when you put a handmade hat atop your head.
One final question: does your tight-fitting-everyone-has-one baseball hat doin’ it for ya anymore?