Besides the warm (ish) sun beating down on us on some March days who else feels the Lions of March? The eternal optimist says, “Spring has to come eventually“. Yes, true, but I think even the daffodils are laughing at this point. Let’s see what’s in store for that 7th-inning stretch…
Like a Lion
March not only just came in like a lion — but she came in, set up camp, got comfortable, organized a tribe, hunted our territory and devoured whatever stash of goodies we stored and fed them to her own tribe. I’m a visual and this pretty much sums up early February thru early March weather. Are ya feeling the visual? Thought so, if not…work with me here. We are yet again on the verge another (beautiful) snow storm and selfishly in our neck of the woods we are not supposed to receive “as much” as others in the state, #sorrynotsorry. We’re tough and we should be used to this stuff by now. For those that got stuck in the last blizzard – I’m sorry to hear about your situation – that totally blows…no pun intended, well, sorta.
Solutions to the 7th inning stretch
I don’t do baseball so I don’t know what that even means – all I know is baseball gets played in the Spring and looks like our town Spring athletes may be using some alternative practice areas for the beginning of their season (he-hem practice starts Monday). Kudos to the coaches that will have to get creative.
No matter your weather this weekend these mindful exercises could be a great way to unwind and embrace life.
- yoga stretching
- thank you notes to friends and family (more snail-mail my friends)
- sit in silence and breath (I do this often to clear my heart and head)
- call someone you wouldn’t normally call and see how they are
- if able, travel to your local nursing home to smile at the residence
- listen to music and bust a move (my personal fave)
- journal the feels (get gushy, let it all out)
- plan out your garden flowers and vegetables
- buy some seeds and support your local hardware store
- laugh out loud reading comics (Garfield is a start)
- there’s always those lovely taxes (be sure to hit the save button-it’ll save you some time….trust me, I know.)
Are you on my mailing list yet? I’m stirring up some wonderful goodness in the shop and making room for some new hats!
Getting on mailing list is the quickest way to find out about great sales, fun projects and well, just plain fun stuff! Sign up here!
…did you know I make handmade hats? Yasss!
Until next time…
when life hands you lemons…hold them in your hands, give ’em a good look and trust these are the lemons you were given and find beauty in those damn lemons.
Bound to be….learning more about baseball,